Join us at the Rose Creek Fest this Saturday! Ride your bike to the event and stop by the San Diego County Bicycle Coalition table to learn more about us and the Rose Creek Bikeway Bridge!
The Rose Creek Fest in San Diego's Mission Bay Park will take place on Saturday, February 9, 2013 from 10:30 AM to 3:30 PM at Campland on the Bay (2211 Pacific Beach Drive). Brought to you by San Diego EarthWorks (the producers of the San Diego Earth Day Fair) with their partners Friends of Rose Creek and Campland on the Bay, this free environmental event will have music, entertainment, barbeque art, activities and displays that are unique to Rose Creek and its surrounding communities. Bring the whole family to celebrate the natural beauty that Rose Creek and its watershed bring to the communities of Pacific Beach, University City and Clairemont.
The Rose Creek Fest will feature something for everyone. Special features include:
- The "Rose Creek Rubber Duck Derby" presented by Think Blue San Diego
- "Love Your Wetlands Day" service event at the neighboring Kendall Frost Mission Bay Marsh Reserve
- "CreekWalk" led by Friends of Rose Creek
- Activities for children and adults provided by Ocean Discovery Institute, local high school students studying the creek, and community partners
- Music from the Mission Bay High School Preservationists
- Engaging environmental magic with Dr. Wilderness
- A community mural-painting project
Mark your calendar today for this free event. Parking is limited so please consider biking. You can learn more about the event and volunteer opportunities at www.rosecreekfest.org.